- Make sure that you use spam free opt-in emails
- Be consistent with sending frequency
- Include both HTML and text versions of emails
- Include an unsubscribe option
- Remove recipients who unsubscribe from your list right away
- Maintain a consistent ‘From’ name and address
- Avoid spam words like FREE, fast cash and Act now!
- Avoid using all caps and exclamation marks as they trigger spam filters
- Send emails to seed accounts to test deliverability
- Remove inactive subscribers from your list.
- Prompt users to add you to their address book
- Use a subject line that is not misleading; it should have relevance to the content
- Use pre-header text to support your subject line
- Make your call-to-action stand out
- Make sure your email is responsive, many emails are read via mobile device or tablet
- Make it easy for prospects: offer click-to-call and auto-apply discount codes
- Avoid using too many images – we recommend 80% text and 20% image
- Use small paragraphs, bullets and bolding
- Use ‘alt tags’ for images for email clients who do not automatically load images
- Ensure your email is CAN-SPAM compliant – include physical address, unsubscribe link and clear ‘From’ address.
What should I know before sending out an email campaign?">← What should I know before sending out an email campaign?