Email Marketing Checklist
Are you making these common email mistakes?
Successfully launch your email marketing campaign and prevent common mistakes with this email marketing checklist from the deployment specialists at DatabaseUSA.com®.
A well-executed and well designed email campaign can help your open and click-through rates. If you regularly send email campaigns and newsletters, or are responsible for the quality of email marketing, a list of pre-launch checks for your email campaign can be very helpful.
- Be consistent with sending frequency
- Include both HTML and text versions of emails
- Include an unsubscribe option
- Remove recipients who unsubscribe from your list right away
- Maintain a consistent ‘From’ name and address
- Avoid spam words like FREE, fast cash and Act now!
- Avoid using all caps and exclamation marks as they trigger spam filters
- Send emails to seed accounts to test deliverability
- Remove inactive subscribers from your list.
- Prompt users to add you to their address book
- Use a subject line that is not misleading; it should have relevance to the content
- Use pre-header text to support your subject line
- Make your call-to-action stand out
- Make sure your email is responsive, many emails are read via mobile device or tablet
- Make it easy for prospects: offer click-to-call and auto-apply discount codes
- Avoid using too many images – we recommend 80% text and 20% image
- Use small paragraphs, bullets and bolding
- Use ‘alt tags’ for images for email clients who do not automatically load images
- Ensure your email is CAN-SPAM compliant – include physical address, unsubscribe link and clear ‘From’ address.
Ready to create your email marketing campaign?
DatabaseUSA.com® can help. We offer email lists and email creative and deployment services. Contact one of our account executives to discuss your email marketing strategy. Fill out the contact form and someone will get back to you in minutes.
Complete the form or call us at 877-831-0101 for more information on DatabaseUSA.com® Email Lists and Email Services.